- You can
to look forfor a word on a page using Keyboard shortcutsor web browser commands.
- You can also use Google to search for a word on specific sites or web pages.
- Using the search feature to find specific words or phrases can help you find information faster.
The internet is vast, but sometimes you have to get right to the point to get things done. Searching for a word on a page can dramatically reduce the time it takes to get the information you need.
There are several methods you can use to find a word on a web page, program, or website, depending on the type of computer you have.
Try Command + F or Ctrl + F keyboard shortcuts
On most web pages, word processors, and other programs, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + F on a
A text box will then appear towards the top of the screen where you can enter the desired search term. Then just press Enter to find instances of that word or phrase on the page. You can use the up and down arrows in the search box to find each instance.
Quick advice: You can also search for a word on an iPhone via the On this page, Search in the page, Where To share characteristics.
Find your web browser controls
Browsers also come with their own built-in search functions. Here’s how to access these tools you were using Google
1. Click it Following button, which looks like three horizontal lines, located in the upper right corner of the web browser, next to the address bar.
2. To select Find Where Find in this page.
3. In the pop-up window, enter your search term or phrase and press Enter.
Quick advice: In Safari on Mac, you can also click Edit in the toolbar at the top of your screen, hover your mouse over Find from the drop-down list and select Find again in the pop-out. A search bar will appear at the top right – enter the word (s) you are looking for and they will be highlighted in yellow on the page.
Use Google to search for sites
1. Go to google.com.
2. Type to place: then the name of the website you want to search for, followed by a space, then your search term or phrase.
3. Hit Enter. From there, you will be able to find all of the pages on that site that include the search term or phrase you specified.
How to Search for a Specific Word or Phrase in a PDF on Your Mac Using the Preview App 10 Ways to Take a Screenshot on Any Windows 10 Device How to Set Your Browser’s Home Page on a Mac, with instructions for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox How to find your screenshots on a Mac and choose where they go by default, so you never lose track of your photos